New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Monday, April 1, 2013

Garden Expresso Cafe: An Off-The-Beaten-Path Culinary Treat!

Last Friday a wonderful Title Rep took me to lunch. She recommended Garden Espresso Cafe in Murray. I have never heard of the place and wondered if it was a coffee shop serving a pre-packed sandwich. When I arrived at the Title office and got a tour of their new facilities, everyone was talking about the restaurant we were going to for lunch. I began to have some optimism.

As we arrived, it had a distinct French Cafe feel. Everyone was relaxed and in no hurry to leave. Another thing I noticed, was that along with myself, there were 3 other males in the place: another Rep. from the title company, a home warranty Rep. who came with us and the Cafe's Owner. They didn't throw us out however.

It was a soup & sandwich cafe with a smaller menu. The soup of the day was roasted garlic and tomato. Having attended a soup class two weeks ago, I instantly knew what I was going to order. I decided to have a sandwich with the soup; club sandwich on sourdough with a spicy mayo.

The food was delicious. Roasted garlic and tomato soup is a wonderful creation. The minced garlic was flavorful but not overpowering. There must have been a lot of butter (which I am in no way against) that really finished off the soup with a creamy, rich flavor. The atmosphere was very welcoming and relaxing. I could see why people were in no hurry to leave.

Tucked just off Vine Street, east of 900 E. in Murray, you may never know this was here unless you were looking for it. If you are in the area, don't just drive on by. Stop, get a sandwich, a cup of soup and bring a book. Stay a while. Next time I will be sure to do the same.

Garden Espresso Cafe
917 Vine Street
Salt Lake City, Utah, 84121
(801) 266-0997


Happy Eating.
Garden Expresso on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...